Monday, July 6, 2009

Two Card Tuesday...lol

Happy Tuesday Everyone! I made two cards for today. The first one was so easy and simple I thought I would make one more.


I love this first card. It was so simple, I could make another one in the time it would take me to just pick one out at the store. It is smaller than my other cards, it is 4" by 3 1/2". I used my cuttlebug to emboss the flowers on the front. I then use an inch wide strip of patterned paper from the Joann.com Scrapbook Kit in a Stack BABY. Then added a bow with yellow ribbon from JoAnn's and a Marcella by K Dimensional sticker I got Target about a year ago on clearance. Simple, yet elegant.



For the second one, I used two different Cricut cartridges, my SKS BABY paper, card stock from Papertrayink and JoAnn's, stickles, teal ink pad, my Fiskars edge punch and my corner rounder. First, I used Graphically Speaking to cut the word friend, set at 3 1/4 using the jumbled feature. Second, I used the Accent Essentials Cartridge that came with my machine to cut out the two small flowers at the top. I used a teal ink pad to color the letters and stickles for the center of the flowers. Third, I arranged it on the SKS BABY paper and adhered it to the mint green card stock. Fourth, I used my Fiskars edge punch...which is really hard to use on thick cardstock and my cheap corner rounder I got at JoAnn's. Last, to add a little background I added a light yellow piece of card stock to the inside of the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogs I Follow