Friday, June 11, 2010

Baby Shower Centerpieces










A lady I work with asked if I would make the centerpieces for a baby shower she is hosting for a friend. Since I haven't posted in a very long time, I thought I would put the pictures up. The turned out AMAZING!! The flowers are actually pens.


Recipe:

Fake Flowers Roses-Hobby Lobby

Floral Tape- Walmart

Pens- Office Max or Sam's Club

Glass Rocks- Dollar Tree or Hobby Lobby

Vases- JoAnn's

Pink Ribbon with Wire-Walmart

Baby Shower Signs- Wild Card Cricut Cartridge

Stickles-Michael's

Red Sticky Strip- Michael's


Once you have found your flowers, hopefully you got them on sale or used a coupon, cut the flowers off the bunch using wire cutters. Make sure you have at least 3 inches of stem, so that you can attach the flowers to the pens with ease. Cut off any extra baby's breath or small flowers, so that you may use it for added decoration (the small white flower are just placed in the vase to help fill out space).


Use the floral tape and wind it around the pen attaching the flowers to the top. Make as many as you would like. I made 12 per vase, so that each person at the table(8) could take one pen and the person who won the centerpiece could have 5 pens in their vase for their desk at work or home.


Add the decorative rocks at the bottom of each vase.


Add ribbon using red sticky strip.


Add decorative sign.


3 comments:

  1. I love these! My baby shower is next month and I am looking for centerpiece ideas. Can you tell me where you got the supplies from? Were they expensive to make?

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were inexpensive as they serve as centerpieces and gifts for the guests. I bought the supplies at several stores. I will add the recipe on the post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! I am helping with a baby shower in January and it's for a boy but I will use different colors to match the baby boy theme. I won't have time to make the pens but instead will use flowers. Someone can take them home with them at the end of the shower. :0) Great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete

Blogs I Follow